- T-fal PF311E Bread Machine Retail Cost: $229.99
- Makes 1.0, 1.5, & 2.0 lb. loaf
- 15 Settings, including Gluten Free
- Key Special Features: 15 hour programmable baking timer, add-ins beep, & 7 minute power failure back-up
- Includes measuring cup, measuring spoon, hook/kneading blade removal, kneading blade, manual, and 25 recipes
- Product Dimensions: 16.1″ x 12.5″ x 14″
- Product Weight: 13.2 lb.
- Product Color: brushed stainless steel housing with black accents
- Glass viewing window
- Large LCD display – shows selected settings
- Settings are listed on the hood
- Buttons on the top front include Crust Color, Loaf Size, Menu Select, Delay Timer (+/-), and Start/Stop
The 15 Menu Select options are:
- Gluten free salty bread
- Gluten free sweet bread
- Gluten free cake
- Rapid wholewheat bread
- Wholewheat bread
- Salt free bread
- Super rapid bread
- Rapid sweet bread
- Basic bread
- Sweet bread
- Cooking only
The Crust Color options are:
The Loaf Size options are:
- 1.0 lb.
- 1.5 lb.
- 2.0 lb.
- 15 hour delay timer
- 60 minutes keep warm
- 7 minute power failure back-up
- Add-ins beep
- Nonstick bread pan & kneading blade
- Uses only 1 kneading blade
- Makes a horizontal, rectangular loaf
- Bread machine oven
- Bread pan
- Kneading blade
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoon
- Hook / Kneading blade removal tool
- Instructional manual
- 25 Recipes
1 Year Limited Warranty
Amazon offers a 2-Year Protection and a 3-Year Protection
Overall, this bread machine has very positive reviews. Customers are pleased with the simple control panel and easy bread making process. It kneads dough well, even with its single kneading blade, and it bakes loaves evenly. The pan is secured by twisting it into a lock position and released by twisting it in the unlock direction and easily lifted out.
This bread machine has multiple gluten free settings. Many customers enjoy making gluten free bread with this machine. It is warned, however, that the process of making gluten free bread has a little more work involved than regular bread. Also, some gluten free bread mixes advise you not to use the gluten free setting. If these mixes are the only gluten free breads that you are wanting to make, a less expensive bread machine that does not have gluten free settings would suffice. This machine is great for making gluten free bread from scratch.
Complaints have been made about the instruction manual. Some customers have had burnt lemon cake even though they followed the recipe. For some reason, the manual has different loaf size options for this recipe, but the bread machine itself only makes 2.0 lb cake. Be sure to use the correct ingredients for a 2.0 lb cake rather than a 1.0 or 1.5 lb and risk it getting burned. While the recipes included may be great for learning and getting started, minus the mistakes, a book of bread machine recipes is great to use.
The T-fal PF311E Actibread Bread Machine is a great machine for anyone who wants to make gluten free bread from scratch. Unlike some bread machines that may have one gluten free setting or none, this machine has 3 gluten free settings.
This bread machine can be used for regular bread as well. It is easy to use and would be great for a beginner. For those that are more experienced or at least want to be making bread often, it is less expensive than more advanced bread machines yet is able to handle quite a bit even with one kneading blade. It does not allow you to create your own programs, and it does not have an add-ins automatic dispenser. It does have an add-ins beep indicator, a 15 hour timer delay, 60 minutes of keep warm time, & a 7 minute power failure feature.