- Breville BBM800XL Bread Maker Retail Cost: $379.99
- Makes a 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, & 2.5 lb. loaf
- 14 Settings, including Custom, Gluten Free, Crusty Loaf, Dough – Pizza, and Dough – Pasta
- Custom option has 9 custom recipe programs
- Key Special Features: collapsible kneading blade, automatic fruit & nut dispenser, and a Beeper button to mute beeps
- Includes 2 kneading blades: 1 collapsible kneading blade & 1 kneading blade for jam, and an instruction manual with recipes
- Product Dimensions: 9.6″ x 16.4″ x 13.3″
- Product Weight: 16.8 lb.
- Product Color: Stainless Steel
- Glass viewing window
- LCD display – shows settings and time
- Settings are listed on the LCD display
- Buttons on the top include Weight/Temp Units, Beeper, Light, Delay Start, Modify, Cancel, Start/Pause, and Select knob
The 14 Menu Select options are:
- Custom (9 custom recipe programs)
- Basic Rapid
- Whole Wheat
- Whole Wheat Rapid
- Gluten Free
- Crusty Loaf
- Yeast Free
- Dough – Bread
- Dough – Pizza
- Dough – Pasta
- Bake Only
The Crust Color options are:
The Loaf Size options are:
- 1.0 lb.
- 1.5 lb.
- 2.0 lb.
- 2.5 lb.
- 13 hr. delay timer
- 60 min. keep warm
- 60 min. power failure back-up
- Beep to indicate add-ins
- Beep to remove kneading blade
- Beeper button to mute beeps
- Collapsible kneading blade
- Automatic fruit & nut dispenser
- Nonstick bread pan & kneading blades
- Uses 1 kneading blade
- Makes a horizontal, rectangular loaf
- Bread machine oven
- Bread pan
- 1 Collapsible kneading blade
- 1 Fixed kneading blade for Jam
- Instruction manual with recipes
One-Year Limited Warranty
Amazon has the option of a 2-Year Protection
This bread machine has many positive reviews. Its versatile settings allow a user to make all sorts of breads. The machine is capable of making a 1.0 lb to a 2.5 lb loaf and has 14 different settings as well as 9 custom settings. The more advanced bread maker can create programs while there is still adequate pre-programmed settings for others.
This machine was also created to allow the owner to have as little work as possible. The 13 hour delay timer lets a user have well-timed bread, there is an automatic fruit and nut dispenser, and the kneading blade collapses to ensure a less than usual hole in the bread loaf.
Another desirable feature is the Mute button. While most bread machines have multiple beeps, alerting you to insert add-ins or take the blade out, this machine has a button that will turn those beeps off.
This bread machine sounds almost too good to be true. There are some things to consider after researching the more negative reviews. The collapsing kneading blade is not as perfect as it sounds. While some users love it, there have been some complaints such as difficulty cleaning. Sometimes it will no longer collapse, which results in a hole at the bottom of the loaf. Sometimes it may stop turning all together. Many users have made this bread machine work with careful cleaning, ensuring bread does not get stuck underneath the kneading blade. While it is disappointing that this feature doesn’t seem to be flawless, the idea is nice, and some users have been able to make it work.
Another complaint is loaf shape. While this machine can handle 4 different loaf sizes, that means the pan has to be large enough to handle the 2.5 lb loaf. When making the 1.0 lb loaf, the loaf shape can be awkward, rather short and kind of wide. If this is bothersome, it would be worth it to shape the loaf by hand before it bakes, or if you plan on making small loaves like this often, maybe a different bread maker would suit you.
The Breville BBM800XL Bread Maker is a higher end bread machine with many desirable features. Keep in mind the that although it strives to be a bread machine that allows you to just click start, there may be some hiccups, much like any bread machine. If you are serious about bread-making and are willing to pay a little more on the high end, then this machine may be a great fit for you.